Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Diabetic Banana Orange Bread

Hey Y'all! I have had requests for some tastey diabetic recipes, so I am going to break a cardinal rule here.... I HAVE NOT tried this recipe yet! But... I have every intention to in the next week, so I figured we could all try it together! It sounds good! I might skip the raisins... just because they are not my favorite, but I am thinkin dried apples, pineapple, or apricots would be yummy, or mango! I have purchased dried mango at walmart before! :) yum... yes definately mango, like a tropical bread! I think i may skip the nuts as well, but i do like pecans, so I may just make two loaves! :) I hope this is good!!!! ( From Cooks.com )

SUGARLESS BANANA ORANGE BREAD (DIABETIC)
You Need:
2 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 ripe bananas
1 (6 oz.) can frozen orange juice concentrate
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. raisins
1 c. pecans

Sift dry ingredients, set aside. Blend orange juice, bananas and eggs. Stir into flour mixture. Add raisins and pecans. Mix until blended. Bake in 9 x 4 inch pan at 350 degrees until done. This recipe contains no sugar, salt or shortening. This is very tasty and unique.

0 comments:

Post a Comment